- myGovID – Explained
- Relationship Access Manager (RAM) – Explained
Guide for accessing ATO Business Portal for JobKeeper payments
With all the recent updates, legislative changes and our newsletters over the last 4 weeks we’re aware that it’s been probably overwhelming but we believe it’s important to keep you aware of all the available information.
Please note that from 20 April 2020, all eligible employers can enrol with the ATO for JobKeeper Payment.
We want to make sure that all employers/businesses are connected to the ATO’s business portal for access to the JobKeeper Payment.
Please read on for a step by step guide to connecting your Business Portal via myGovID (different to myGov) and Relationship Access Manager (RAM).
Firstly, you need to set up your myGovID and then log onto to the ATO business portal to link your myGovID to your business. Noting that your myGovID can only be undertaken by your smart device (phone), whereas to access the ATO online services you require an internet connected device such as computer or laptop.
Please note that myGovID is different to myGov account if you already have one.
A myGovID proves who you are and allows you to securely log into the ATO online services (and other Government online services). Your myGovID is unique to you and cannot be shared. As it is your personal identity you should set it up using your email address.
- Download the app to your smart device – iOS 10 or late for Apple and Android 7.0 or later.
- Enter your details:
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- You’ll need a Standard myGovID by adding your identity documents in the app – two of the following:
- Driver’s licence
- Birth Certificate
- Medicare card
Please note your name must match across the two documents.
Please see the following link for more details https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Online-services/Accessing-online-services-with-myGovID-and-RAM/#SetupyourmyGovID
Relationship Access Manager (RAM):
Next step is to link the business via RAM.
Sole Trader – Partners – Directors – Trustee
For sole trader (Australian Business Number (ABN) attached to individual name) and individual associates (such as directors, partners, trustee) listed to the business Australian Business Number (ABN) in the Australia Business Register (ABR) https://www.abr.gov.au/:
- Login to RAM using your myGovID https://info.authorisationmanager.gov.au/#/login
- Select ‘Link my business’
- Add postal and residential address (as held by the ATO)
- Select the business or businesses you wish to link
- Enter an email address and click ‘Send Email’ to receive an authorisation code.
- Enter the code from the email and click ‘Verify’ and ‘Continue’
- Once you accept the terms a message should display confirming that you have successfully linked.
Where there no individuals listed as an associate in the ABR) such as a director of a corporate trustee, authorised contact for a government agency or responsible person for an Australian charity:
- Phone 1300 287 539 and select option 3
- You’ll need to provide personal details to complete proof of identity check
- Checks will be completed to confirm your association to the business
- Once confirmed you’ll receive code via email.
- Login to RAM using you myGovID to accept the request and complete
You’ll then be able to setup authorisations for others via the following link https://info.authorisationmanager.gov.au/set-up-authorisations
ATO Business Portal
Once this is all done you can login to Business Portal via the following link https://bp.ato.gov.au/
When you access the ATO online services you will be prompted to enter your myGovID email address. This will generate a code, which you’ll need to enter or accept in your myGovID app on your smart device.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office for clarification or support. As we are working from home the best form of contact is firstly by email and then we’ll follow up with either an email or telephone call to provide assistance.